Synopsis & Timing
Hurricane Dorian threatens coastal areas of northeast Florida Tuesday Wednesday and coastal areas of southeast Georgia Wednesday-Wednesday Night.
- Hurricane Watch and Storm Surge Watch have been issued for the
entire northeast Florida coastline, with a Tropical Storm Watch for areas inland of the Hurricane Watch.
- The watches may be extended northward to the Southeast Georgia coast later Today.
- The latest forecast keeps the track of Dorian east of northeast FL coast, but the expected expanding storm size could bring tropical storm or hurricane-force winds or wind gusts to the coastline.
- High Surf Advisory along the coast…for 7-10ft waves Today, 10-20ft waves Tuesday-Wednesday.
- Latest guidance yields increasing confidence in a forecast track for Dorian northward 50- 75 miles east of the FL East Coast.
- Although offshore, Dorian would still yield a threat of very strong winds and some storm surge along the coastline.
- Some uncertainty still exists in the track the storm takes. Any westward shift back near or over the FL peninsula would yield severe impacts for the area.
POSTED: 09-02-19 | 9:45 hrs